Prep time: 15
Cook time: 35
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Gokul Pithe :
- 200 gms coconut, grated
- 450 gms khoya
- 2 1/2 cup sugar/date palm jaggery
- 150 gms flour
- 5-6 cups water
- 40 gms ghee
- 1/8 tsp sodium bicarbonate
How to Cook Gokul Pithe :
- Make sugar syrup by heating 2 cups sugar with 4 cups of water.
- Allow it to cool. Fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar together in a pan over medium flame. Stir it continuously.
- To make cakes, roll the mixture into balls and flatten between the palms.
- Make batter by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bicarb and ghee.
- Heat ghee and coat coconut-milk cakes in the prepared batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown and immerse in the sugar syrup.