Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Ghewar :
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cup chilled water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablspoon rose water
How to Cook Ghewar :
- Take a bowl and add desi ghee in it along with ice cubes. Rub with hands vigorously until it turns white, light and creamy for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add all purpose flour to this creamed ghee and mix well.
- Next, add milk in the bowl and mix well to prepare a batter without any lump. Now, add chilled water and prepare a thin lump free batter. Fill the batter in a sauce dispenser and keep it chilled.
- Heat ghee or oil for deep frying ghewar in a flat and heavy-bottomed vessel of approximately 6-7 cm height. Fill it with ghee or oil half way.
- When the oil is hot enough, pour 2 tablespoons of the batter in the centre of oil from the height. It will sizzle up, so be careful. Wait for a minute. When all foam settles down pour 2 tablespoons of batter again in the centre of oil.
- Keep adding batter little by little in same manner. Maintain a hole in the centre using a skewer to pour the batter in. Keep adding batter until reach desired thickness. For a ghewar of 6-7 inches diameter, 1/3 batter is sufficient.
- When the centre is crisp, it means that the ghewar is cooked. Take it out by inserting a skewer in centre. Place it on a wire rack in a plate to drain out excess oil. Prepare more ghewar the same way.
- Now for sugar syrup, heat sugar with half cup of water in it. Give a boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Take it off the burner and add rose water in it.
- Again place the ghewar on a wire rack in a plate and pour warm syrup evenly all over the top of ghewar. Excess syrup will run down and collect in the plate.
- Soak all ghewars in the sugar syrup. Top them up with rabri and sprinkle some chopped almonds and pistachios for garnishing and enjoy.