Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 1 People
Ingredients for Fried Rice With Soya Chunks :
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice, medium
- 1 Cups Carrot, chopped
- 1 Cups Capsicum, chopped
- 1 Cups Beans, chopped
- 1 Cups Green peas, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 1 Clove
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cups Soya chunks, braised
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- A pinch of Sugar
How to Cook Fried Rice with Soya Chunks :
- Take water in a pan, add salt and soya chunks.
- Remove the water and rinse the soya chunks in running cold water and squeeze them and keep them aside.
- Take a pan and put 2 cups water in it, add a pinch of salt and sugar. Bring to boil.
- Add green peas, finely chopped carrot, beans and capsicum to the pan of boiled water.
- Blanch these veggies for a few minutes.
- Now cook the rice in a separate pot. Cooking rice for Basmati or any other long grained rice in 2:1 ratio i.e. 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. Drain the water and spread the rice on a large plate or tray. Let it cool for some time. Do not over-cook the rice.
- Now take some oil in a pan, add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom.
- Fry them for a few minutes and when they exudes aroma, add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add boiled soya chunks to it and mix well.
- Take the blanched veggies and sauté in high flame, tossing for a couple of minutes, just enough to leave them crunchy.
- Add salt and black paper while mixing them.
- Add the cooked rice to the soya and stir fry with the vegetables for few minutes.
- Serve hot.