Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 1 People
Ingredients for Dalia Khichdi :
- 1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1/4 cup split moong dal
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- powdered turmeric as required
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- salt as required
How to Cook Dalia Khichdi :
- To prepare this easy Khichdi recipe, first, take a pan with a little ghee and roast the broken wheat (dalia) for 2-3 minutes. Once done, soak it in some water in a bowl. Wash and soak the and moong dal in a bowl.
- Next, heat ghee in a pressure cooker over medium flame and the cumin seeds to it. Let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and keep stirring till they turn translucent. Then, add the chopped carrots and green peas and saute them for few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt as per your taste. Drain the water from the dalia and moong daal.
- Add them to the pressure cooker and stir them for a while.
- Next, add water as required to it and close the lid. Cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Once cooked, transfer into a serving bowl and feed it to the baby.