Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Dal Parantha :
For Dal Stuffing:
- 1 Cup Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 Nos Cloves
- 4 Nos Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup Water
For Atta Dough:
- 1 Cup Atta
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Water
How to Cook Dal Parantha :
For Preparing Dal Stuffing:
- Soak a cup of dhuli moong dal for an hour.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee and add cloves, black peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- When they crackle add the soaked moong dal, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute well on medium flame for a minute.
- Now add water to it and pressure cook the dal for 1 whistle.
- Mash the dal completely and allow it to cool.
For Preparing Dal Parantha:
- Put a cup of atta in a medium size deep bowl.
- In this combine the ingredients such as salt, kalonji, ajwain, ghee and water. Mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough bowl with a plastic sheet and keep aside for an hour.
- After 1 hour divide the dough in equal portions for making the parantha.
- Sprinkle flour over the rolling board and roll a portion of dough to make parantha.
- Now place a portion of the dal stuffing in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll it again into a round shape using a rolling pin.
- Now heat non- stick tawa and cook the parantha on both sides using generous amount of ghee.
- Serve the hot and crispy Dal paranthas immediately pouring extra ghee over it.