Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Corn Pulao :
- 250 Gram Basmati rice
- 80 Gram American corn kernels
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Green chillies
- 5 Gram Cumin seed
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Pepper corn
- 8 flakes Cloves
- 2 Cups Hot water
- 3 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- Bell pepper (Sautéed and diced), chopped
- Coconut, grated
How to Cook Corn Pulao :
- Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for at least 15-20mins.
- Grind coconut, green chilli, coriander leaves to make a fine paste.
- Take a pan add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corn, sliced onion, slit green chillies, ginger garlic paste and the above coconut paste.
- Sauté well, and then add corn kernels.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Add hot water, little salt and cook for 15mins.
- Once the rice is 3/4th done add lime juice.
- Finally garnish with sautéed diced red and yellow bell pepper, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.