Prep time: 5
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients of Corn Pakoda :
- 2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- powdered turmeric as required
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 green chilli
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
How to Cook Corn Pakoda :
- To prepare sweet corn pakodas, take frozen sweet corns and dip them well in a bowl of water. Rinse them in normal water for a minute and drain off the water. Pour water in a pan and place it over medium flame, cook the sweet corns in water until they become soft and tender. Once done, drain the extra water and pat them dry.
- Make sure there is no moisture in sweet corns. Then, take a blender jar and blend the sweet corns coarsely a few times. Blend it till all the corns are crushed properly. Now take a large bowl and transfer the sweet corns in it.
- Now, add chopped onion along with thinly sliced green chilies and chopped curry leaves. Mix them well with the corn paste. Now add gram flour, mix it with the mixture. Season it well with salt and garam masala.
- Then, add rice flour in the mixture along with red chilli powder. Mix the ingredients well to enhance their flavour. The mixture should look like a dough and not a batter. You can add more besan and rice flour to the mixture to attain a balanced consistency.
- Now, take a deep pan or kadhai and heat sunflower oil in it on medium flame. You can also use olive oil to fry corn pakodas. When the oil is hot enough, drop small portions of corn mixture by using a small spoon.
- Fry them until they become tender and golden brown in colour. Once done, take them out and drain the extra oil by using a tissue paper. Savour the sweet corn pakodas with hot tea/coffee and chutney.