Prep time: 10
Cook time: 70
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Coconut Curry Chili :
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, divided
How to Cook Coconut Curry Chili :
- Break the ground turkey into small pieces into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the turkey, continuing to break it into smaller pieces, until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain as much grease as possible from the turkey.
- Combine tomato soup, water, and minced garlic in a large pot; bring to a boil. Add the turkey to the pot and return the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir chickpeas, red kidney beans, carrot, chutney, curry powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper through the turkey mixture; bring to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook until the chickpeas are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir 1/4 cup coconut milk through the chili, return cover to the pot, and simmer another 15 minutes. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk into the chili, stir, and simmer 30 minutes more.