Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 5 People
Ingredients for Classic Tomato Spaghetti :
- 500 gm wheat spaghetti
- 7 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cubes
- 7 leaves chopped basil
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- water as required
How to Cook Classic Tomato Spaghetti :
- Boil 1 1/2 litres of water in a large pan over high flame and add two teaspoons of salt in it along with a little oil. Bring it to a boil and then add wheat spaghetti in it. Lower the flame and let the spaghetti cook till done. Once done, drain out the past in a colander over the sink and keep aside.
- Next, heat oil in a pan over high flame and add onions in it along with spring onions and capsicum. Saute the onion until they become translucent or pink in colour. Then, add tomatoes in the pan and let them cook till they are soft.
- Finally, add salt, sugar, tomato sauce or ketchup, soy sauce, black pepper powder and basil leaves in the pan. Stir ti mix well and cook all the spices for a minute. Then, add the cooked spaghetti in the pan and toss well.
- Transfer the cooked spaghetti to a plate and garnish with grated cheese.
- Serve hot.