Prep time: 15
Cook time: 35
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients f0r Chutney Wale Aloo :
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 2 medium potato
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 pinch turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- water as required
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- salt as required
How to Cook Chutney Wale Aloo :
- Wash the potatoes well to remove any husk or dirt. Add these to a pressure cooker along with enough water to cover the potatoes and place it over medium flame. Let the potatoes boil and once done, drain the water. Peel the boiled potatoes and keep aside to cool. Next, in a blender jar, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, garlic cloves, green chili and blend. Make a smooth paste out of these.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium flame and heat oil in it. Once hot, add cumin seeds and saute these until they start spluttering. Now, add the boiled potatoes into the pan and saute these until they turn golden brown in color. Add the sesame seeds and mix them well with the potatoes. Next, add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, garam masala, turmeric and mix the spices with the potatoes. Make sure that the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Now, in this pan, add the green chutney prepared in the blender and mix it well. Make sure that the potatoes are well coated with the chutney and cook these for a while. Sprinkle salt as per your taste along with chaat masala and mix it properly. Drizzle the lemon juice over this and give it a gentle stir. Cook the potatoes until they turn aromatic.
- Once done, transfer these into a bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.