Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Cheese Papdi :
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil for deep-frying
How to Cook Cheese Papdi :
- Mix the cheese, salt and oil and knead into a stiff dough with the water.
- Keep aside covered for at least half an hour.
- Roll out dough till it is 1/2 cm/ 1/8 inch thick and cut out into 3 cm/ 1 1/2 inch rounds with a cutter or into strips 3 inch long and 1/2 inch broad. Prick with a fork.
- Heat the oil till a piece of dough dropped in comes up at once.
- Then add as many pieces as fit in comfortably.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Fry till golden brown on both sides. Lift out of the oil and drain on an absorbent paper,
- Repeat with the rest of the dough, increasing the heat for a few seconds before adding the fresh lot.