Prep time: 5
Cook time: 30
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Chawal Ka Upma :
- 1 cup parsai ke chawal
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp zeera
- 2 laung (cloves)
- 2 chhoti elaichi (green cardamoms)
- 1 small stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 1 large potato, diced small
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1.2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 cups water
- Hara dhania (Coriander leaves) for garnish
How to Cook Chawal Ka Upma :
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee and add zeera, laung, elaichi and the dalchini. When slightly coloured, add the potato and rice and stir fry till they look a bit fried.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or till cooked through and the water is absorbed. Serve hot garnished with hara dhania.