Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Channa Dal Dhokla :
- 250 Gram Channa dal
- 50 Ml Yogurt
For the tempering:
- 20 Ml Oil
- 5 Gram Mustard seeds
- 3 Gram Red chillies
- 2 Gram Asafoetida
- 20 Ml Water
- 5 Ml Lemon juice
- 10 Gram Green chillies, chopped
- 20 Gram Coriander leaves, chopped
- 10 Gram Ginger, chopped
- 10 Gram Turmeric
- To taste Sal
- 3 Gram Soda bi-carb
- Coconut, grated
- Coriander leaves, chopped
How to Cook Channa Dal Dhokla :
For the preparation:
- Soak the lentils in water for at least 2 hrs and blend with the yoghurt, to form the consistency of pancake batter. Mix in the sugar and leave in a warm place to ferment overnight.
- In another bowl mix in the soda bi-carb with oil and leave in a cool place.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients for the batter after it is fermented.
- Grease a mould or other suitable vessel and place in a steamer.
- Add the soda bicarb to the batter and mix well till light and fluffy. Immediately pour into the prepared vessel.
- Cover and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove, cool and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, when crackling add the rest of the tempering ingredients
- Pour over the dhokla cubes.
- Garnish by sprinkling grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Watch Video of Spongy Dhokla Making