Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Chandrakantalu :
- 200 gm moong dal
- 50 gm rice
- 50 gm grated coconut
- 2 cup refined oil
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 125 gm powdered sugar
- water as required
How to Cook Chandrakantalu :
- To start preparing this recipe, start by soaking the moong dal and the rice for 4 hours. When soaked properly, put them into a blender and blend it into a paste.
- Now, take a pan over medium flame and heat ghee in it. When the ghee is hot enough, add the grated coconut and fry it till the raw aroma goes away.
- In another pan, pour water with powdered sugar and dissolve it to make a syrup. Then, add the cardamom powder along with moong dal and rice paste and mix it well. Finally, add the fried coconut to the mixture and cook till it thickens.
- When the mixture reaches the desired consistency (thick and smooth), transfer it to a plate greased with ghee. Flatten it out and allow it to cool down. Once the mixture is cool enough, cut it into squares.
- Now, take a kadhai over medium flame and heat oil in for frying. When the oil is hot enough, put the squares into the kadhai, carefully, and fry them till it turns brown and crisp.
- Transfer them to a plate lined with absorbent paper and then to a serving plate. Enjoy the delicious sweets, or store them in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.