Serves: 20 People
Ingredients for Carrot Besan Burfi :
- Bengal gram flour/ besan/Chickpeas flour – 1 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter – 1½ cup (melted)
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 +½ cups
- Green cardamom – 2
How to Cook Carrot Besan Burfi :
- Grease a square plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- Remove the seeds of green cardamom from the pods and powder it.
- Saute carrot for few minutes in a pan so that the raw smell leaves from it.
- Add all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Place the pan on the gas stove on low flame and stir continuously for few minutes on low heat.
- Now you’ll start seeing it bubbling and ghee leaving on sides. Add cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- When it starts becoming like a dough transfer the content into the ghee greased plate and leave it for few minutes.
- When it is still warm cut it into square pieces and when it cools down keep it in an air tight container.