Prep time: 15
Cook time: 25
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Buttered Potatoes :
- 750 gm potatoes approx
- 175 ml boiling milk
- 50 gm butter
- Salt and pepper grate nutmeg
- For wholegrain mustard to flavor:
- 2 Tbsp sarson seeds
- 2 Tbsp rai seeds
- Vinegar to cover approx 75 ml olive oil
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
How to Cook Buttered Potatoes :
- Peel potatoes and boil until tender.
- Drain and dry potatoes over a gentle flame.
- Mash well.
- Gradually pour in hot milk with the butter.
- Seasoning and nutmeg.
- Beat very well with a wooden spoon for a light creamy finish.
- Flavour with mustard and serve.
- You can also make flat potato cakes with the mash and bake it for a couple of minutes.
For the whole grain mustard:
- Combine the mustard seeds.
- Cover with vinegar and set aside in a warm place for 3 days.
- Drain any excess vinegar.
- Pound mustard seeds to a course paste.
- Gradually pour in olive oil in a thin steady stream pounding all the time.