Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf :
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Tbsp Celery, chopped
- 50-60 Gram Black chana (cooked)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 6-7 Black pepper corns
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 150 Gram Washed brown basmati rice, soaked
- 6-8 Broccoli florets
- 1 Medium Tomato (cut into chunks)
- 600 Ml Stock
- 2 Plums, chopped
- 450 Ml Water
How to Cook Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf :
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Throw in the cinnamon, black peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add the kala chana to the cooking veggies.
- Now add the brown rice. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice by filling it a little more than its amount with water until all the water is absorbed.
- Add the broccoli and let it steam with the rice.
- Garnish with chopped plums and spring onions.