Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Brinjal Pakoda :
- 1 eggplant/ brinjal
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- refined oil as required
How to Cook Brinjal Pakoda :
- To prepare this snack recipe, on a chopping board, slice the brinjal into thin slices. Now, take a large bowl and add gram flour in it. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and baking soda in it. Pour enough water in it and mix it well. Make sure the batter is smooth and there are no lumps in it.
- Heat refined oil in a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame. Meanwhile, coat each slice in the gram flour batter. When the oil is hot enough, add the coated brinjal in it. Deep fry the brinjal slices until golden-brown in color. Once done, take it off the flame and place it in a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- Serve it with a dip of your choice to enjoy!