Prep time: 30
Cook time: 50
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Bobbatlu :
- 200 gm chana dal
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 100 gm powdered jaggery
- salt as required
- 5 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- water as required
How to Cook Bobbatlu :
- To prepare this delicious dessert, start by making the filling of bobbatlu. Wash the chana dal and then pressure cook until it is tender but not mushy.
- Mash the dal and cook it on the low flame then slowly add cardamon and jaggery powder. Mix everything until it combines together. Now your stuffing is ready, just keep it aside to cool down completely.
- Now, to prepare the dough, take all purpose flour and add salt . Now slowly add warm water as required to knead the dough.
- After the dough is done, roll it into small rotis. Now take the stuffing and put in the center of the roti and gently close the edges together. Use a little butter to seal the edges properly. Now take some flour and dust it on top of the roti and start flatting it gently. Repeat the step with all other rotis.
- Take a deep pan and put some ghee on medium flame. Now, put the bobbatlu in the ghee to roast it completely . Toast both the sides and cook until golden brown.
- Your bobbatlu is ready, sever it with some more ghee on the top and enjoy this hot crispy desert.