Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Bissi Bele Bhath :
- 1 Cup Rice (picked and washed)
- 1 Cup Arhar ki dal (picked and washed, Pigeon Pea)
- 1 tsp Dal chini (broken roughly)
- 1 Cup Sookha nariyal, grated
- 1 tsp Sabut kali mirch
- 1 Tbsp Channa dal
- 1 tsp Sabut dhania
- 2 Whole red chillies
- 1 Cup Onions, chopped
- 6 Tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Jaggery
- 1 Cup Mixed vegetables (boiled and drained), chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 12-15 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
How to Cook Bissi Bele Bhath :
- Fry the dal chini, sookha nariyal, sabut kali mirch in a tablespoon of oil.
- Grind the dal chini, sookha nariyal, sabut kali mirch, channa daal, sabut dhania, red chillies and the onions into a paste.
- Cook rice and daal together to a soft and wet consistency like a soft khichdee.
- Mix together the rice mixture, vegetables, masala, imli and gur.
- Heat the 1 Tbsp oil and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin. When the seeds splutter, add the rice mixture and serve hot.