Prep time: 5
Cook time: 30
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Besan Ka Cheela :
- 1 Cup Besan
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 Cup Methi leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Oil
How to Cook Besan ka Cheela :
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, to a thick pouring consistency, adding the water a little at a time.
- Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp or so of oil in a frying pan, then pour it off into a container.
- Keeping the heat high pour some batter in the center of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- Lower the heat and let cook till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- Dribble a little oil around it, turning the pan so the oil goes under the cheela.
- Serve hot with chutney.