Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Bellam Garelu :
- 130 gm jaggery
- 2 cup refined oil
- water as required
- 200 gm urad dal
- salt as required
How to Cook Bellam Garelu :
- To prepare this recipe, start by washing the urad dal and soaking it for 2 hours. When soaked properly, drain the water and pour the urad in a blender. Sprinkle a little water along with salt and blend it into a soft and fluffy paste.
- Now, take a pan over medium flame and heat it. When the pan is hot enough, place the jaggery on it and let it melt completely, until it forms a syrup.
- Meanwhile, take kadhai over medium flame and heat oil in it for frying. Take a small portion of the urad dal paste with wet hands, and flatten it into a vada with a hole in the middle and place them on a greased plate. When the oil is piping hot, carefully add the vadas and fry from both sides till they turn brown and crispy.
- When they are fried, take them out and immediately place them in the jaggery syrup. Leave them in it while you fry the next batch. Repeat the process till all the vadas are done.
- Transfer the prepared Bellam Garelu to a serving plate and enjoy the delicious sweet delights!