Prep time: 15
Cook time: 10
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Beguni :
- 1 Cup Besan
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Nos Green Chillies
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Khus Khus
- 5- 6 Brinjal, sliced
- 1 Cup Mustard Oil
How to Cook Beguni :
- In a bowl, whisk together besan, turmeric powder and salt to combine.
- Add ginger paste and green chillies. Mix well.
- Pour required quantity of water and whisk the batter until smooth and thick.
- Add more water if required and prepare a spoon coating batter.
- Add khus khus and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Now cut the Brinjal plant in long slices and dip into the besan batter.
- Heat mustard oil in a large frying pan.
- Place the besan coated brinjal slices in the pan for deep frying.
- Cook well until golden brown on both sides. Keep the flame on medium heat for thorough cooking. Make sure you don’t overcook.
- Hot and crispy Begunis are ready to serve for a quick snack.