Prep time: 20
Cook time: 45
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Basanti Pulao :
- 3 Cups Rice (cleaned, washed)
- 30 Cashew nuts
- 30 Raisins
- 4 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 1/2 TSP Turmeric powder
- 2 TSP Ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- Vegetable oil
How to Cook Basanti Pulao :
- Wash and clean the rice and drain the water.
- Smear the rice well with ghee and turmeric powder. Keep it covered for half an hour.
- Fry the raisins and the cashews in heated ghee mixed with vegetable oil.
- Keep the fried raisin and cashew aside. Add more ghee into the pan and when heated add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the grated ginger or ginger paste and fry a little.
- Add the rice, stir gently to mix with the flavours. Pour 6 cups of warm water along with salt and sugar.
- When the water dries up and the rice is well-cooked add the cashews and raisins.
- Pour rest of the ghee, mix gently and cover the pot. Turn of the flame.