Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Banana Chips :
- 4 green (unripe) plantains, peeled, sliced into thin rounds and washed
- 2 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
How to Cook Banana Chips :
- Put the slices of banana into a solution of water, salt and turmeric and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Give it a good mix and transfer to a colander to drain completely.
- In a medium sized kadai on high heat, heat the oil.
- When it starts smoking, add the slices in small batches.
- Fry until golden and transfer onto a paper napkin.
- Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and chilli powder and let it cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.