Prep time: 15
Cook time: 35
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Badami Paneer :
- 1 cup paneer
- 20 almonds
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- salt as required
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch powdered turmeric
How to Cook Badami Paneer :
- To prepare this yummy lunch recipe, put a pan on medium flame and add water in it. Bring it to a boil and switch off the burner. Now, in this hot water, soak the almonds for about 15 minutes. While the water is boiling, peel and chop the onions, ginger, garlic, and red chillies, and keep aside till required. Now, take these soaked almonds and grind them along with chopped onions, ginger, garlic and red chillies to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Marinate the paneer cubes with 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt as per your taste, and keep them aside for a few minutes. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the marinated paneer cubes for about two minutes. Keep them aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan on medium flame and add the ground almond and onion paste into it. Fry the almond paste for about 5 minutes or until the oil separates from the mixture. Next, add the tomato puree, stir for a while and cook them together.
- After cooking the tomato puree for about two minutes, add the garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, sugar and remaining red chilli powder to it. Combine all the ingredients together and let the mixture cook over medium flame for 10 minutes or until the oil separates from the masala. Add the prepared paneer cubes and combine with the tomato puree. Now add milk in it and stir well until combined. Finally turn off the stove and transfer this badami paneer in a serving bowl and serve hot with roomali roti or butter naan.