Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Atukulu Laddu :
- 150 gm brown rice poha
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 100 ml ghee
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 50 gm vermicelli
- 100 gm yellow moong dal
- 5 finely chopped cashews
How to Cook Atukulu Laddu :
- To prepare this recipe, start by taking a pan over low flame and heat it. Add the poha (atukula) and dry roast it for 3-4 minutes. When done, transfer it to a plate and repeat the process with moong daal, cashew nuts and vermicelli. Allow them to cool down.
- When they are all cool enough, grind them into a fine powder separately and transfer them into bowls. Do not mix them together. Then, in the same pan, add a teaspoon of ghee followed by the ground vermicelli. Roast on low flame for a couple of minutes and put it back in the bowl. Repeat the process with moong dal and atukula by adding 2 teaspoons of ghee.
- Finally, on a large plate, add all three grounded powders together along with cardamom powder, cashew nuts and powdered sugar. Mix them well and gradually add warm ghee to it. Mix till you get the laddu consistency.
- Using your palms, divide the mixture and shape it into small balls. Make sure that the laddus are not too sticky, or too dry.
- Transfer the Atukula Laddus to a serving plate and enjoy the delicious taste! You can also store them in an airtight container and enjoy them for 3-4 weeks.