Prep time: 15
Cook time: 40
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Aloo Jeera :
- 200 gm chopped,peeled,boiled potato
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 piece chopped,peeled ginger
- sendha namak as required
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 pieces chopped green chilli
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves
How to Cook Aloo Jeera :
- Aloo Jeera is a simple yet delicious delicacy made with some easily available ingredients in your kitchen. Here’s how you go about preparing this delicacy. To make this delicious lunch recipe, take a pan and add oil in it. Heat it over medium flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute. Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add the green chillies, ginger and curry leaves. Fry the ingredients for 30 seconds and then add the chopped potatoes.
- After a minute or so, add salt and turmeric powder. Mix the ingredients well and cover the pan with a lid. Reduce flame to low and cook the dish for 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure that you stir once or twice in between till well combined. Once the potatoes are properly cooked, transfer the dish in a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot and pair with roti or paratha.