Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Achaar Wala Paneer :
- 500 gm paneer, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp kalonji (onion/nigella seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp rai or sarson (mustard seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp moti kutti lal mirch (paprika), or to taste
- 3-4 sabut lal mirch (whole red pepper)
- 1 1/2 cup (250) thickly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Salt, to taste
How to Cook Achaar Wala Paneer :
- In a heavy based pan, heat the oil, and add the kalonji, rai/sarson, saunf, moti kutti lal mirch and the sabut mirch, and saute over high heat, till they begin to splutter.
- Add the cabbage and continue sauteing till the cabbage looks glossy.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and keep aside. In the same pan, over high heat, add the tomato puree and salt and saute till fat separates.
- Add the cabbage mixture and the paneer pieces and saute for 2-3 minutes for the flavors to blend before serving.