Ingredients to cook Sandesh Mishti :
- 400 gms fresh paneer (hang to drain whey completely)
- 10-12 almonds cut into slivers
- 8-10 of pistachios cut into slivers
- 4 saffron strands (more or less)
- 1 tbsp warm milk (to soak saffron)
- 2 tsp milk powder
- 1/2 cup finely powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pistachio essence
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee (to lightly grease molds)
How to Cook Sandesh Mishti :
- Soak almond and pistachio slivers and saffron in warm milk. Keep aside to use as topping. If the nuts do not soak up all the milk by the time you are ready to use them, drain it away before you use the nuts as topping.
- Mix the paneer and milk powder in a pan and cook on a medium flame stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add sugar, essence and cardamom powder and mix until smooth dough is formed.
- Lightly grease the moulds with ghee.
- Put a little topping mixture (soaked almonds, pistachios and saffron strands) in each mould.
- Press some of the prepared paneer mixture on top of the topping in each mould and shape.
- Chill for a few hours, unmould carefully and serve.