- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2 People
Ingredients to make Microwave Steamed Fish in a Bengali Mustard Sauce :
- 5 medium size skinless fish pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika or Red Chillypowder(adjust spice as per your preference)
- 4 green Chilli slit
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoon Mustard oil
- For Mustard paste :
- 2 tablespoons Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds(white)
- 1 tbsp grated Coconut
- 4-6 green Chilli ( adjust as per your taste)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
How to make Microwave Steamed Fish in a Bengali Mustard Sauce :
- Wash and clean the fish pieces in cold water. Pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
- Drizzle some mustard oil over the fish pieces and rub them with a little salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric so that the fish is coated well on both sides. Keep it aside.
- Combine the mustard seeds, poppy seeds and the grated coconut and dry grind it in a mixer or food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, green chilli, turmeric, salt and grind it into a smooth paste by adding very little water(about 1/4 cup).
- The mustard paste is ready.
- Take out the mustard paste in a medium size bowl. Add 1.5 cup of water or as needed, salt as per taste, 4 tablespoons mustard oil, and paprika into the bowl.
- Mix well or blend all the ingredients in a blender for few seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a medium size bowl and discard the residue left in the strainer.
- You will get a brightly colored mustard sauce.
- Add salt and red chilly powder into the mustard sauce if needed.
- Grease a microwave oven safe container with mustard oil and place the marinated fish in a single layer and pour the mustard sauce over the fish,add the remaining green chilies,drizzle some oil on the top if you wish.
- Cover the container with a clingfilm. Cook in microwave at high for 5 minutes, take it out, remove the cover and stir the sauce.
- Cover again with a clingfilm, put it back in the microwave and again cook for 5 minutes.
- Take it out again, remove the cover, stir the sauce and flip the fish to the other side.
- Once again , cover the container and cook in the microwave for another 4-5 minutes or until the fish is completely baked.
- Do not overcook. The fish in bengali mustard sauce is ready.
- Please note that the cooking time may slightly vary with the power of the microwave, so adjust accordingly.
- Serve the Microwave Steamed Fish in Bengali Mustard Sauce with hot white rice.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.