Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Methi Malai Matar Paneer :
- 150 gm paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 6 tablespoon peas
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- sugar as required
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt as required
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves ( methi)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
- 60 ml water
Methi Malai Matar Paneer :
- To prepare this mouth-watering matar paneer recipe, put a kadhai on medium flame and heat vegetable oil in it. To the heated oil, add ½ teaspoon of sugar and let it caramalise. Once done, add cumin seeds and saute until they crackle.
- Then, add bay leaves in the hot oil and cook for a few seconds and add minced garlic to it. Stir for a while until the raw smell of garlic goes away and then add minced onions and ginger in the pan. Saute over medium flame for a few minutes until the onion are pink in colour.
- Afterwards, add tomato puree and yoghurt in the pan along with salt as per your taste. Stir the ingredients well and cook for about a minute. Now, add peas in the pan and mix well with the puree. Cook for a minute and add a little water in the pan. Stir to mix once again and prepare the puree for the methi malai matar paneer. On the other hand, while the gravy is getting cooked, take a small bowl and mix together cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Now, transfer this paste to the gravy along with fenugreek leaves and mix once again all the ingredients. Cook for about 4-5 minutes and add the coconut cream in the kadhai. Stir to mix well and add paneer, ghee, garam masala, and kasoori methi in the kadhai. Stir once again to mix well.
- When the gravy is cooked and the consistency looks good, remove the kadhai from flame and transfer the curry to a serving bowl. Serve it alongside rice or parantha or any kind of chapatti you like.