Prep time: 70
Cook time: 25
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kachri Qeema :
- 1 Kg Qeema
- 4 Whole Kachris (crushed)
- 1 Cup Papaya (half-ripe), grated
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple pulp
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- To taste Salt
For cooking Qeema:
- 250 Gram Curd
- 4 Medium Onion (golden fried)
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cup Oil
How to Cook Kachri Qeema :
- Marinate the mince with all the marinating ingredients.
- Leave overnight in the fridge or at least for four to five hours.
- Add the curd and onions to the marinated mince an hour before cooking.
- Heat oil and add cloves and cardamoms, allowing them to crackle for a minute or two.
- Now add the marinated mince. Stir it for a few minutes on medium flame and then leave on low flame till done.
- Do not use the pressure cooker. As it is a dry dish, let the excess water from the marination evaporate fully.
- After the qeema is cooked, prepare to smoke it.
- Light a small piece of coal over the stove flame, then place it on an onion slice, pour a few drops of oil on the live coal so it smokes.
- Then, leave the smoking coal over the mince and cover the cooking pot with a lid. Let it remain there for a few minutes.
- We sometimes use a long deep spoon, place the smoking coal on it and close the lid. It adds an exceptional smoked aroma.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, onions rings, chopped green chillies, finely shredded ginger strips and a sprinkling of garam masala.
- A squeeze of lemon juice adds a bit of tanginess.