Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Groundnut Pulihora :
- 2 cup rice
- 3 tablespoon raw peanuts
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 green chilli
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt as required
How to Cook Groundnut Pulihora :
- First, wash the rice and then soak it in water for 10 minutes. In the meantime, heat a pan over medium flame and dry roast the peanuts in it. Keep aside in a bowl. Now, take a pressure cooker and add rice with water and close the lid. Cook over medium flame till you hear one whistle. Then, turn off the flame.
- Now, chop the green chillies and keep on the chopping board. Heat oil in a kadhai over medium flame and when the oil is hot enough, add cumin and sesame seeds to it. When they turn slightly golden in colour, add green chillies and let it fry on its own.
- Now, put the curry leaves and grated coconut in the pan and stir-fry for a while. When the mixture is aromatic, add the peanuts and cooked rice in it. Put Kashmiri red chilli powder and salt as per your taste. Mix everything well. Keep stirring to avoid burning the rice, you can add a little more oil if the rice sticks to the kadhai.
- Cook for 5 more minutes on low heat and then, take out on serving plates and garnish with curry leaves and chopped green chillies.