Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Bardoli Ki Khichdi :
- 2 Cups Rice
- 1 1/2 Cups Toor dal
- 250 Gram Peas
- 3-4 Potatoes (cubed)
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 1 Raw mango
- Jeera seeds
- Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1/2 Ginger, chopped
- For garnishing Fresh coriander
How to Cook Bardoli Ki Khichdi :
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a large pot.
- Into this add cumin seeds and fry for two minutes.
- Add chopped onions and saute till brown.
- Add chopped ginger, split green chillies and fry on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and let it cook till the oil ghee separates from the masala.
- Add cubed potatoes, washed rice and washed dal and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in a pinch of asafetida powder, green peas, a tsp of sugar and salt to taste.
- Also add raw mango, chopped into fine pieces.
- Mix together and add in 4 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish the khichdi with fresh coriander and 2 tbsps of ghee.